Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Digital LA - Social Media for Social Good panel
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Monica, CA
OUR EVENT is SOLD OUT at 400 ATTENDEES.
Watch the livestream Wed 8-9:30p http://www.livestream.com/smw_la1 and tweet questions via #SM4SG.
And you can still join in more social good discussions for SMW LA including:
- Leveraging Social Media to Promote Your Event – RSVP , Thursday, September 22 at 9:30 - 10:45a Bergamot Station
- Social Media for Social Good | Solving Problems Using Social Media: A Workshop – RSVP , Thursday, September 22 at 11:00 a - 12:30p, Bergamot Station
Join us for our panel on how charities and other organizations use social media and entertainment / celebrity for social good. We'll discuss tips on how organizations use social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) and partner with entertainment / celebrities to spread the word, rally for events, raise donations, and more. We wil also have a Social Good Fair. This is part of our line-up of Digital LA events for Social Media Week LA. FREE RSVP!
Our Scheduled Speakers (more to be added):
- Ryan Scott, Founder and CEO of Causecast, a premier cause integration platform that uses technology and data to connect nonprofits and brands. From customized cause marketing campaigns to an employee engagement platform, Causecast facilitates cause with their client's audience, stakeholders or employees. Recent Campaigns Include: Stillerstrong, Show Me Campaign and Virgin Mobile RE*Generation @Causecast @CausecastNPO
- Rachel Kropa, Creative Artists Agency (CAA) Foundation Executive. Rachel is a strategic adviser to actors, writers, directors, athletes, executives, and corporations on their philanthropic and pro-social initiatives. Also handles environmental initiatives for CAA and contributes to social media outlets for the Foundation. @caafoundation
- Kory Klem, Digital Strategist for Movember, dedicated to changing the face of men’s health by encouraging men to grow a Mo (slang for moustache) during November. Movember uses social media channels like Facebook and iPhone apps, celebrities, and its own Mo Spaces to build awareness, grow a global community and last year raised more than $80M worldwide @koryklem @Movember
- Phillip Javelana, City Year, Sr Communications and Brand Manager. Celebs from its Spring Break fundraiser at Sony Pictures lot tweeted to promote, and photos went viral on fansites. Partnered with UTA's clients who tweeted #funds4follows to raise $5K. Created Crowdrise fundraiser with Jason Bateman. @CityYear @philjav
- Andrew Whelan, PHILANTHRO, CEO. Philanthro is a non-profit 100% volunteer organization which builds awareness, incites action, and empowers change among young professionals via social media marketing including viral videos, live streamed events, interactive fundraising, and e-incentives @PHILANTHROLA @ajwhelan
- Kevin Winston, Digital LA, founder @DigitalLA @kevinwinston
- Brady Hahn, Non Profit Effect, founder. Philanthropy consultant / strategist @bradyhahn
Attendees are encouraged to tweet-notes live during the event using the hashtag #SM4SG
SOCIAL GOOD FAIR: Visit these tables to learn more about other social good organizations that use social media. If your organization would like to have a table, email firstname.lastname@example.org with GOOD as subject and how your org uses social media.
- Nika Water: Nika donates 100% of profits to clean water projects in
developing communities worldwide and is the most eco-friendly bottled
water company on the market!http://www.nikawater.org @NikaWater
- Causecast: Premier cause integration platform that
uses technology and data to connect nonprofits and brands. From customized
cause marketing campaigns to an employee engagement platform, Causecast
facilitates cause with their client's audience, stakeholders or employees. @Causecast
- PHILANTHRO: Non-profit 100% volunteer organization which builds awareness, incites action, and empowers change among young professionals @PHILANTHROLA
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California (RMHCSC). For over 30 years, RMHCSC has committed itself to assisting families by offering a “home away from home” during a child’s hospitalization and by creating a true camp experience for children with cancer. @RMHC_SoCal
Thanks to our Sponsors: Nika Water
CALL FOR SPEAKERS, SPONSORS and CHARITIES:
- If u help promote social good using entertainment / celebrity and social media, want to sponsor, or are a charity using social media that wants to set up a table for our Social Good Fair, email email@example.com with GOOD as the subject
- 7-8p: Check-in and Networking. Cash bar. Visit the tables at our Social Good Fair.
- 7:45: Doors close - arrive early!
- 8-9:30p Panel & Q&A
- 9:30-10p Even More Networking
This event is part of the Digital LA line-up of several events during Social Media Week LA. To see the full line up of more than 80 SMW LA events, visit http://socialmediaweek.org/losangeles or follow @SMWLA